Announcing our 2014-2015 Season
- Saturday, September 20, 2014, 7:30 pmDover QuartetThis brilliant young quartet swept prize after prize at the Banff International String Quartet Competition, and has been named the first-ever Quartet-in-Residence by the highly-esteemed Curtis Institute of Music. Learn more.
- Saturday, October 25, 2014, 7:30 pmNeave Piano TrioFrom the West coast comes this piano trio, hailed by critics as "absolutely stunning." Neave is Gaelic for "bright and radiant," words that describe this ensemble's music-making. In residence at San Diego State University, the Trio has won praise from coast to shining coast. Learn more.
- Saturday, November 22, 2014, 7:30 pmAmerican String Quartet with pianist Anton NelOne of the world's foremost quartets, the American String Quartet is worthy to bear its proud name. In its 38 years thus far, the ensemble has performed the complete quartets of Beethoven, Schubert, Schoenberg and Bartok internationally. The distinguished pianist Anton Nel has appeared with the symphonies of Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Detroit, and London, among others, and has performed solo recitals in major venues worldwide. Learn more.
- Saturday, January 31, 2015, 7:30 pmRomantic StringsJohn Oberbrunner, producer of our mid-winter concerts showcasing Central New York's professional musicians, has again come up with a winner. This year we'll hear some of the best-loved music of the Romantic era for string chamber orchestra, performed by members of Symphoria plus conductor. Learn more.
- Saturday, March 7, 2015, 7:30 pmPallade MusicaPerformances by this prize-winning Montreal-based ensemble remind us that passion and virtuosity were alive in music way before the Romantic era. The four early music specialists of Pallade Musica will take us on an exploration of music in Venice at the dawn of the 17th century so that we can re-live the excitement of that dynamic time. Learn more.
- Saturday, March 21, 2015, 7:30 pmNew York Woodwind QuintetAppointed ensemble-in-residence at Juilliard in 1987, this celebrated quintet has been performing to critical acclaim throughout the world for decades. Learn more.
- Saturday, April 25, 2015, 7:30 pmJuilliard String QuartetOne of the best known and widely recorded ensembles of our time, the Juilliard Quartet remains an undisputed giant in the world of chamber music. Founded in 1946, the Quartet continues to renew itself and "has lost nothing of its artistry, or of its unexcelled authority as an exponent of music both old and new." Learn more.
Join us as we return to H.W. Smith Auditorium!
• Superior acoustics
• Newly-renovated auditorium
• New seats, new passenger elevator, new restrooms
Sponsor a concert
Click here for the details on sponsoring one of our concerts.
Advertise with us
Click here for the details on placing ads in our program booklet.
New: Full-time students get FREE admission.
Use this link to Amazon, and they'll donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Syracuse Friends of Chamber Music!
If you would like to receive an email reminder before each concert, please send your name and email address to email@example.com.
All our concerts are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Want to play some chamber music yourself?
If you're in the Syracuse area, Syracuse Friends of Chamber Music can help.