Announcing our 2013-2014 Season
- Saturday, September 28, 2013, 7:30 pmBorromeo String Quartet with Richard Stoltzman, clarinetOur season begins with an ensemble that has been called "simply the best there is." (Boston Globe) Named after the Italian island where they first performed 23 years ago, the Borromeo Quartet has been winning prestigious awards and entrancing worldwide audiences ever since. They are joined by the charismatic Richard Stoltzman, whose virtuosic musicianship has made him one of today's superstars. Learn more.
- Saturday, October 19, 2013, 7:30 pmTrio Con Brio CopenhagenIn 1999, Korean violinist Soo-Jin Hong and her sister, cellist Soo-Kyung Hong, joined with Danish pianist Jens Elvekjaer to form a trio that has already won the esteemed Kalichstein-Laredo-Robinson International Trio Award. Now that Soo-Kyung and Jens are married, family ties and cultural blending converge to create "exquisitely wrought music." (Washington Post) Learn more.
- Saturday, November 23, 2013, 7:30 pmMiró QuartetWhen this dynamic quartet last performed for SFCM in the 2009-10 season, it was clear why the Miró has been garnering important awards (Avery Fisher Career Grant, Cleveland Quartet Award, Naumburg Chamber Music Award, to name a few) and winning praise internationally since their founding in 1995. Yes, they're coming back! Learn more.
- Saturday, January 18, 2014, 7:30 pm"Bach and Bachianas"In 1747, Frederick the Great challenged J.S. Bach with a theme that the monarch thought impossible to improvise upon. The astounding result was The Musical Offering. Two centuries later, Heitor Villa-Lobos fused his passion for Bach with his love of native music in his Brazilian "Bach-style" pieces. Members of Symphoria will be joined by a soprano, tenor and bass to perform this outstanding program that also features Bach's Coffee Cantata. Learn more.
- Saturday, March 8, 2014, 7:30 pmConcertanteConcertante is one of the country's few ensembles performing the small but exquisite repertoire for string sextet. What a treat to hear these masterpieces in live performance, especially when brought to life by these six gifted musicians, praised for their "richly blended sound" and "beautifully focused playing." (New York Times) Learn more.
- Saturday, April 12, 2014, 7:30 pmThe Parker QuartetHow is it that a string quartet can become such a sensation so quickly, snaring the Cleveland Quartet Award—the equivalent in chamber music terms of a Nobel Prize—and a Grammy for Best Chamber Music performance? Come hear for yourself why the Parker Quartet, hailed by the New York Times as "something extraordinary," has become one of the preeminent ensembles of its generation. Learn more.
- Saturday, May 3, 2014, 7:30 pmWalden Chamber PlayersFounded in 1997, the Boston-based ensemble is comprised of twelve dynamic artists, performing in various combinations of instruments: for SFCM the players will consist of oboe, piano and string trio. The success of its performances, recordings and educational activities has earned the Walden a place as one of the most sought-after chamber ensembles in the United States. Learn more.
Don't miss out!
In the last two seasons, subscriptions have been sold for all 400 seats at Lincoln Middle School. Get yours now.
Sponsor a concert
Click here for the details on sponsoring one of our concerts.
Advertise with us
Click here for the details on placing ads in our program booklet.
If you would like to receive an email reminder before each concert, please send your name and email address to email@example.com.
All our concerts are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Want to play some chamber music yourself?
If you're in the Syracuse area, Syracuse Friends of Chamber Music can help.