Announcing our 2016-2017 Season
- Saturday, October 1, 2016, 7:30 pmJuilliard String QuartetThe Juilliard String Quartet, one of the most widely-known ensembles in the world, continues to renew itself even into its 71st season. A favorite with SFCM audiences for many years, the Juilliard performed a wonderful final concert for our 2014–2015 season. "Exhilarating, penetrating, often splendidly harrowing. . . . A new era for a hallowed institution awaits." (New York Times) Learn more.
- Saturday, October 15, 2016, 7:30 pmInscapeFounded in 2004, Inscape Chamber Orchestra is pushing the boundaries of classical music with riveting performances that reach across genres and generations, and transcend the confines of the traditional classical concert experience. This critically acclaimed, GRAMMY-nominated group of high-energy master musicians has quickly established itself as a premier performing ensemble. Inscape will bring seven musicians to Syracuse: a string quartet, a flutist, a clarinetist, and a harpist. Learn more.
- Saturday, November 19, 2016, 7:30 pmQuatuor ModiglianiThis Paris-based quartet has performed at many of the world's finest concert venues. In The Guardian, Kate Molleson describes their playing in this way: "There's a bright, youthful spark to the Modigliani quartet's playing—and I mean youthful in the best possible way. The sound is mainly light and shiny (...) the litheness is invigorating, and there's a stripped-back beauty in the slow movements that stopped me in my tracks." Learn more.
- Saturday, January 28, 2017, 7:30 pmMid-Winter Concert"Three Bs," but not the usual three. SFCM will again feature some of Central New York's outstanding professional musicians, performing works by Leonard Bernstein, Benjamin Britten, and Johannes Brahms. Learn more.
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 7:30 pmTrio SolistiTrio Solisti has forged a reputation as "the most exciting piano trio in America" (The New Yorker) with a passionate performance style that combines exceptional virtuosity and penetrating musical insight. Rave reviews follow its concert tours, and we look forward to an evening that will definitely take off the February chill. Learn more.
- Saturday, March 18, 2017, 7:30 pmAmerican Brass Quintet The American Brass Quintet is internationally recognized as one of the premier chamber music ensembles of our time, celebrated for peerless leadership in the brass world. Their first performance was in 1960, and they have been in residence at The Juilliard School since 1987. If you know brass quintets, you will already know what is in store for us. If you don't, be ready to expand your ideas about what brass instruments can do. Learn more.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, 7:30 pmAmerican String Quartet with Pianist Anton NelAfter their wonderful SFCM concert with Anton Nel in November 2014, we were eager to bring the American String Quartet back during their 41st concert season. Resident at the Manhattan School of Music since 1984 and the Aspen Music Festival since 1974, the American String Quartet continues to be one of our favorites, and we look forward to a grand close to our concert season. Learn more.
Subscriptions for the 2016-17 season are now available. Get yours now.
Sponsor a concert
Click here for the details on sponsoring one of our 2016-17 concerts.
Advertise with us
Click here for the details on placing ads in our 2016-17 program booklet.
Full-time students (with ID) get free admission.
Use this link to Amazon, and they'll donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to Syracuse Friends of Chamber Music!
If you would like to receive an email reminder before each concert, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our concerts are made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Want to play some chamber music yourself?
If you're in the Syracuse area, Syracuse Friends of Chamber Music can help.